Marriage License REQUIREMENTS
- Acceptable form of identification
- Driver’s License
- Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Fee $28.00
- Applications Processed between 8:30 & 3:30
Marriage Licenses are issued in the Clerk’s Office in the courthouse at 111 West B Street. Our hours are 8:30 to 5:00. We ask that you apply no later than 4:00. Marriage Licenses can be issued same day and the ceremony must be preformed in Idaho.
Both applicants need to appear in person, be at least 18 years of age, complete an application, and sign the AIDS pamphlet required by Idaho Code Section 32-412A.
If one or both applicants are under 18, special requirements apply.
An applicant who has not been assigned a social security number shall:
- Present written verification from the social security administration that the applicant has not been assigned a social security number; and
- Submit a birth certificate, passport or other documentary evidence issued by an entity other than a state or the United States; and
- Submit such proof as the department may require that the applicant is lawfully present in the United States.
Idaho Code Section 32-403(b)
If you have any questions, please call the Recorder’s office at (208) 886-7641